We Have Been Married For

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

A Few of Our Favorite Things

Together
  • Camping (During the summer, we love to just pack up and go camping on the weekends. We love nature and cooking over the camp fire.)
  • Fishing (Some of our favorite memories are hiking into the woods and going fishing. It is so exciting to watch each other, even if we only pull out little dinks.)
  • Target practicing (Mark is certified in safety with guns, and has taught me a lot of about them. We love going shooting, and we are both pretty good at hitting the targets, but don't worry, everything is locked up at home.)
  • Going on walks (We love walking hand in hand, especially on a cool night. It gives us time to talk and just be together.)
  • Watching movies (Actually, we love watching TV series. We get hooked! We also like cuddling up on the couch and watching a good movie with a bowl of homemade popcorn or ice cream.)
  • Gardening (We have a HUGE garden and we love it. We both go out and see how it is progressing at least daily.)
  • Going out on dates (We love to get out of the house and go out for dinner, go miniature golfing, bowling, play catch with the frisbee and so on.)
  • Board games (We love board games and especially love having friends over to play with us.)
  • Playing with our turtles (We have two baby turtles. We have had them since they were just a few months old. They have the funniest personalities and we love to take them outside to play.)
  • Garden fresh veggies (While we have a garden, we love to eat fresh veggies. If we need a snack, fresh garden carrots or peas are just the trick. We also love making meals with our home grown foods.)
Mark
  • Hunting (I went hunting several times when I was younger and always loved sharing that time with my dad and my grandpa.)
  • Fishing (I love fishing! My family used to go to the beaches in North Carolina and go fishing off the pier. It is a great way to spend time with family.)
  • Camping (I like to get down to earth with the outdoors. I love to see the animals!)
  • Crocheting (I have liked crocheting since I was little and have made several afghans. I won a few ribbons at the state fairs.)
  • Playing video games (I enjoy playing video games, and it is a good way for me to be able to do something with my brother who is at college. We can play together over the internet.)
  • Scouting (I am an Eagle Scout and have always loved being involved with the scouting program.)
  • Carving pumpkins (This is one of my favorite things to do with friends. Because we got married in October, this is what we did for our first Family Home Evening together.)
  • Ice Cream (I LOVE ice cream! This is one of my favorite things.)
Nicole
  • Decorating (I love to decorate our home. It changes weekly! I especially love decorating for the holidays.)
  • Remodeling furniture (I have either built or remodeled all of our furniture. I love to go to DI or garage sells and buy furniture to remodel.)
  • Reading (Twilight Series, Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites, Self Help and Marriage books, everything)
  • Crocheting (Baby blankets and Baby Hats! I love making them for friends baby showers, but secretly I have a stash all of my own for my future children.)
  • Sewing (Curtains, stitching clothes, etc. I don't really know how to sew, but I can usually make up patterns for whatever I want to make.)
  • Scrap booking (I have loved scrap booking for a long time. Recently I started doing a little digital scrap booking, but I have a lot to learn.)
  • Singing (I have been singing since I was really little. I love to sing in German or Italian.)
  • Acting (I love musical theater and found a talent for it in high school. I was in "Fiddler on the Roof," "Music Man," and "Honk!")
  • Teaching (I started my major in Elementary Education. I am the Primary President and I love being able to teach the children.)
  • Cake decorating (I work for Costco as a cake decorator. I love making cakes, especially birthday cakes and have always had fun making them into things, like giant hamburgers.)
  • Baking (I am not much of a cook, but I love to bake. Thing like bread, cake, cookies, etc.)
  • Card games (My favorite game is called "Wacky Six." It is a speed game and I get crazy when I play it.)
  • Festival of Trees (This is a Christmas Charity Organization in Idaho that I have done for years with my Mom and sisters. I love it!)